The Berea Chamber of Commerce is Hiring
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Job Description –Chamber Manager
Formed in 1950, the Berea Chamber of Commerce represents member businesses as the voice of Berea’s community. The mission of the Chamber is to promote prosperity and enhance the quality of life in the Folk Arts and Crafts Capital of Kentucky by supporting current businesses; encouraging new business development; enhancing community and collaboration; and promoting Berea as a place to live and work.
The Chamber is seeking an organized, versatile, and enthusiastic candidate with an ability to prioritize and an expert in time management for the position of a Chamber Manager. This individual will report to the President and Executive committee of the Chamber, the Board of Directors and the Membership in support of its mission. We believe the membership is the lifeblood of our organization requiring an individual who can relate to members and businesses of all sizes. Especially important is the ability to relate to and understand the needs of the members and prospective members.
This position will require a minimum of 40 hours per week depending on the workload and events with some evenings and weekends required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Chamber social media accounts, design newsletters for use online or in print; create and edit Facebook Live videos; and manage YouTube channel through uploading and editing videos.
- Sales/Collections – membership and sponsorships (call, email, and visit new/renewing/potential members)
- Maintain the accounting records using QuickBooks – this will include entering bills, writing checks/pay bills, create invoices, receive payments, run reports and reconcile accounts.
- Manage credit card processor reports and payments by comparing credit/debit card payments from processor to bank accounts for new and returning member payments, event income, and sponsorship income.
- Collaborate with Executive committee and Board of Directors to develop plans/events for the Chamber.
- Networking – continually seek out new members, while maintaining contact with our current members.
- Proficient with WordPress with the ability to add and edit content for new and existing memberships, maintaining/updating the membership directory, various community events, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Handle all office related tasks in an efficient, professional and courteous manner including maintaining communication by answering phone calls; greet and assist walk-in visits; respond to email requests for information; check and process mail from PO Box and on-site mailbox.
- Exhibit a strong customer service focus for Chamber Members to ensure retention and maintain open communication.
- Provide support for Chamber events such as the Spoonbread Festival, Christmas Parade, Golf Scramble, and other annual events.
- Adaptable and comfortable using new and innovative technology, software, and applications such as Zoom, Facebook, YouTube, Geocaching…
- Work independently or in a group, well organized and dependable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Google maps.
- Must have acceptable driving record and own transportation to attend (as required) Chamber events, such as ribbon cuttings, membership meetings, committee meetings, networking meetings, community partnership activites…
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and work both remotely and in-office.
- Must be able to lift over 30 pounds, bend, twist, walk over flat and uneven surfaces, perform work in both indoor and outdoor climates, operate routine office equipment and other equipment as needed for events (such as golf carts, gators, etc…) and be willing to be visible to people in large group settings.
Salary: $36,000 annually
Please send your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates who will be interviewed will be contacted